Issue #9, March 2010
- JSON—The Last 10 Feet
- IBM built Jazz from the ground up, so they had the freedom to build it any way they wanted. So why did they put all that bloated XML in it?
- Nice Apps, If You Can Afford To Write Them
- The App Store and iPhone opened a market, but will iPad limit it to large apps?
- Testing as Contract
- Why not use testing as a guard against changes to the design?
- When Did That Happen?
- On the birthday of the typewriter, Dan tracks the twists and turns of a concept from the typewriter through keypunch machines to today’s computer keyboards.
- Our Daily Beer
- If you can cook, you can make your own beer at home.
Plus: Up Front, Choice Bits, The Working Geek, Swaine’s World, The Quiz, Calendar, Shady Illuminations